Tissue Paper Pumpkin
- Black construction paper
- Pumpkin Template
- Contact paper
- Orange tissue paper
- Print out our pumpkin template and cut the pumpkin out. Trace it onto black construction paper.
- Cut the pumpkin out, then cut the middle of the pumpkin out and discard it. You will be left with a thin outline (1/4-1/2 inch) of a pumpkin.
- Cut a square of contact paper that is slightly bigger than the pumpkin. Peel the backing paper off of the contact paper and stick your pumpkin outline onto it.
- Cut shapes to be the jack-o-lantern’s face out of black construction paper. To make it easier you could use the template from our pick-a-face pumpkin craft.
- Stick your face pieces inside the pumpkin outline.
- Cut tissue paper into 1 inch squares.
- Stick the tissue paper onto the pumpkin making sure to overlap the pieces.
- When the inside of the pumpkin is covered with tissue paper, cut a second piece of contact paper and stick it to the back of the pumpkin (covering your tissue paper). This step just makes the craft a bit neater, but you could skip it if you like.
- Trim the excess tissue paper and contact paper from the outside of the pumpkin and hang your jack-o-lantern in a window.