Scrapbook paper or card stock paper
1. Make copies of pinwheel template on card stock. If you are using regular paper, then have the kids glue wallpaper or construction paper to the back side of the template.
2. Have them color and decorate the front side of the pinwheel template.
3. Next, have the children cut the template out along the dotted lines.
4. Fold the corners marked with circles into the center and secure with a thumbtack.
5. Take a wooden pencil with an eraser and push thumbtack thru the eraser.
6. Spin your pinwheel and make sure it moves around. You may have to pull the thumbtack out a bit if you are not getting much movement. Kids LOVE this project!