1. Using construction paper, make a cone hat with a radius of 8 to 9 inches.
2. Place scotch tape along the seams of the construction paper.
3. Using construction paper or markers, have the children decorate their hat. If you have buttons, sequins or stickers, they can be glued onto the hat as well.
4. Cut gift ribbons into 10-12 inch pieces. Have an adult curl the ribbon pieces with scissors. (It is best to do this step in advance).
5. Tape the ribbons along the inner bottom edge of the hat.
6. If you have pom poms, place one on the top of the hat. The kids will love their Clown Hat!