Bring a baby penguin to life in a few easy steps!
1. Measure and cut a piece of black construction paper to fit around the toilet tissue tube. Glue it into place. Let the glue dry completely.
2. Measure and cut out two circles from black construction paper to fit over the ends of the tube. Glue them into place. Let the glue dry completely.
3. Cut out two teardrop-shaped pieces from black construction paper. These will be the penguin’s wings. Fringe the pointy ends with scissors and glue them to the tube. Let the glue dry completely.
4. Cut out an oval from white construction paper. This will be the penguin’s belly. Glue it to the tube. Let the glue dry completely.
5. Fold a sheet of orange construction paper in half. Cut out a small triangle along the fold. This will be the penguin’s beak. Unfold the beak and glue it into place. Let the glue dry completely.
6. Cut out feet from orange construction paper. Glue them to the bottom of the tube. Let the glue dry completely.
7. Glue on a pair of Jiggly Eyes above the beak. You may choose to glue pieces of broken eggshell to the head of the penguin so it appears the penguin has just hatched. You can also cut out eggshell fragments from white paper. Let the glue dry completely.
8. Display your penguin for others to see!